We are looking to recruit a Caretaker for George Eliot Academy. The position is full-time, 52 weeks per year and is on a shift basis: 6.30am - 2.30pm week 1 and 10.30am - 6.30pm week 2.
Joining our Family of Schools
The Midland Academies Trust is a close-knit family of schools where we believe that our staff are our greatest resource. Everything we do as a Trust has to fulfil the twin aims of accelerating student progress and reducing staff workload – if it doesn’t achieve both we simply don’t do it
We want it to be easy for our staff to help students achieve well and be prepared for a successful future. That’s why we continually review how we work and actively promote teachers as experts in their classrooms; provide a curriculum which is rich and deep in knowledge and work within a network of schools committed to using and sharing research led practice. We believe in strong subject communities working together to reduce individual staff workload
Our Trust commitments to every member of staff:
- Our students have clear classroom routines so no time is wasted
- Our teachers give whole class feedback, not individualised marking
- Our middle leaders focus on student learning, not data input
- Our senior leaders manage student conduct on behalf of our staff
- Our faculties plan and work together on shared approaches
- Our five year curriculum is highly ambitious and knowledge-led
- Our staff are valued as professional experts in their field
- Our Trust sets time for collaboration and learning from experts
- Our annual calendar of meetings and events are released before the start of the academic year
- Our five year, knowledge-rich curriculum features common examination boards across all schools
The successful candidate will:
Be responsible for:
- The effective provision of caretaking, portering, cleaning and site maintenance routines
- Responding to emergencies relating to the site as required
- Working under the direction of the Premises Manager, deliver caretaking services to all buildings forming the school site, ensuring a safe and secure environment
- Responsibility for undertaking minor or temporary maintenance repairs, ensuring the site is maintained and fit for purpose at all times
- Supporting the Premises Manager in managing outside contractors and cleaning contractor
- Ensure Health & Safety of premises
- Act as nominated key holder. Routine and non-routine opening and closing and security of premises and grounds
- George Eliot Academy is part of the Midland Academies Trust which is currently made up of four academies. The Trust and it's academies aim to transform the lives of children and young people and to release their potential through excellent education and the opportunity to acquire new skills.
- Join us and you will be part of an exciting journey of school improvement where you can bring your experience and enthusiasm to support our aim of transforming the lives of our students and releasing their full potential.
How to Apply
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, or to visit the school please contact Marie Adams on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 02476744000
Only Midland Academies Trust applications forms will be accepted.
Closing Date: 9am on 20th February 2022
Application forms should be returned to email@example.com
This Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be required to complete an Enhanced DBS disclosure. Start dates will be conditional upon receipt of satisfactory pre employment checks.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Further information about filtering can be found in the DBS filtering guide.
The Privacy Notice can be found on our Trust website: https://www.midlandat.co.uk
The Midland Academies Trust (MAT) is an independent charitable organisation established by North Warwickshire & South Leicestershire College.