Our Principles for Staff Development
We are committed to developing our workforce. We ensure all staff have access to instructional coaching, and for those with responsibilities a high-quality leadership development programme, that includes coaching for leaders.
MAT Professional Development Standards
- There is a clear distinction between one-off statutory training/updates and CPD time, which will always have a clear focus on developing teachers and improving pupil outcomes.
- All CPD activities should have a clear set of outcomes which are linked to the Trust strategic priorities and ensure the best possible experience for pupils.
- All CPD activities are aligned with the curriculum and pedagogical strategies of the Trust
- Any external CPD provision needs to be supported by a strong evidence base of efficacy.
- CPD activities in the Trust will clearly demonstrate how they contribute to the ongoing strategic development and improvement plan.
- Wherever possible CPD activities are offered across the Trust and maximise opportunities for collaboration and developing collaborative practice.
- Feedback from participants is always sought following CPD activities, and is used to inform future provision.
- Following CPD, additional mentoring and coaching is provided as requested and/or as appropriate.
- In planning CPD, consideration is made for teachers’ career stage and aspiration.