Our Principles for Staffing and HR
All Academies must follow the Trust centrally agreed approach to:
- Maximum of 80% of GAG spent on staffing
- Standardised job descriptions and person specifications
- Recruitment, including advertising of posts and documentation, centrally managed
- ‘On boarding’ of new employees – induction to MAT
- Directed time budget
- HR file contents/checklists
- Centrally managed transfer and secondment of staff.
- Centrally approved decision to allow temporary allowance/honorarium
- Centrally coordinated and funded CPD programmes e.g. Masters, Princes Teaching Institute, Ambition School Leadership etc.
- Commitment to MAT workload strategy
- Individual academies are expected to manage staff records, staff deployment and induction of new staff.