- Our Approach
- MAT Careers Education
- Are you a Pupil, Parent or Employer?
- Are you an Employer, Education or Apprenticeship Provider?
At the Midland Academies Trust, we have a statutory commitment to uphold the Education Act 1997 and the recent Technical and Further Education Act 2017, which involves adhering to the Baker Clause that came into force on 2nd January 2018 (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/technical-education-and-apprenticeships-raising-awareness)
The policy statement from each or our schools within MAT explains how providers of technical education, such as alternative 14-16 providers, Further Education colleges and apprenticeship providers can apply for access to speak with our pupils in Years 8-11 about the various education and training options available to them at 14-16 and post-16, including details of suitable access points within our school calendar and the lead contact at the school who can help to facilitate this.
Please click on the links below to see individual MAT School Provider Access Policies:
- George Eliot Academy- Provider Access Policy
- Hartshill Academy- Provider Access Policy
- Heath Lane Academy- Provider Access Policy
- Nuneaton Academy- Provider Access Policy
As a starting point, please contact either our Careers Leader, Claire Cooke or Careers Adviser, Debbie Partridge, on the following details if you have an interest in working with or coming in to speak with our pupils about any of the opportunities you may be able to provide to them in the future:
Tel: 02476 243039
We welcome employers to take part or suggest new activities in our careers provision. Your involvement is important as we continue to develop and improve our careers offer.
As an employer you could become involved by offering:
- Visits to the workplace
- Careers Fairs
- Small group/individual practice interviews
- Mentoring groups or individuals
- Work experience opportunities
- Skills/qualities essential for employment workshops
- Post 16 opportunities within your business setting
We welcome feedback on all our careers programme of events, if you have comments or feedback please email: firstname.lastname@example.org